Univention Bugzilla – Bug 31787
step by step documentation for citrix receiver installation
Last modified: 2014-01-09 08:33:49 CET
The documentation notes that one needs to install the citrix receiver deb package manually, but doesn't describe concrete commands to do that. Users who are not familar with dpkg will fail.
Similar, there is only stated that "the univention-ucc-session-xenapp package must be installed" but also no further documentation or link about how to do that.
Hints about the installation:
* due to a bug in the citrix package, it is mandatory to modify the UCC-image on a 32bit UCS instance
* to install the package, one needs to mount the image as documented here: http://wiki.univention.de/index.php?title=Modifying_an_UCC_image
* the .deb files icaclient-12.1.0_i386.deb and ctxusb-2.2.0_i386.deb needs to be copied to the mount-point /mnt/img
* the installation needs to be done after "chroot /mnt/img" by
dpkg -i icaclient-12.1.0_i386.deb
dpkg -i ctxusb-2.2.0_i386.deb
* the package asks to confirm an EULA
If the image is intended for a i386 architecture, it should me mounted on a i386 system also.
i.e. the system outside the chroot environment should also be i386, otherwise the installation of these packages will not be completed.
Alternatively an installation wizard could be provided
> Similar, there is only stated that "the univention-ucc-session-xenapp
> package must be installed" but also no further documentation or link about
> how to do that.
A link to the software chapter is now provided.
A step-by-step documentation is now provided -> revision 46960
I made a small bugfix in r46963.