Univention Bugzilla – Bug 33199
New grid has one item selected even when grid is empty
Last modified: 2015-02-24 08:24:04 CET
Very strange behaviour:
If the grid was populated once and then gets emptied (new query yielding nothing), "select all" works (see also Bug#33040): One item (first one?) of the last list is still "selected" and used for the buttons. They can even be clicked and executed!
Steps to reproduce:
* Open the Basic settings module → on the language tab, the first language is selected
* Add a new language → the first item in the list is selected and needs to be unselected
This problem seems to happen also quite often in the UCS@school modules.
Created attachment 6483 [details]
Patch for umc/widgets/MultiSelect
The attached patch should correct this behaviour. For MultiSelect widgets, it is not necessary to automatically select the first item in the list. The patch overwrites this behaviour inherited by _SelectMixin.
The patch has been applied to the 4.0-1 SVN branch.
YAML file has been adapted (package version is not up-to-date).
* Bug #33199: remove auto selection of first item in MultiSelect widget
QA: Could you please have a quick look at UCS@school. AFAIR, there were quite some modules with the described problem (i.e., first element selected automatically).
For QA I checked the following modules before applying the patch:
--> univention-management-console-frontend 4.1.103-1.961.201411182017
- language settings: bug as described
- groups / <foobar_group> / add users: no problem, though the list is prefilled
- groups / <foobar_group> / add groups: no problem, though the list is prefilled
- users / <foobar_user> / General / add superior: no probelm, *
- users / <foobar_user> / Groups / add groups: no probelm, *
- nagios / <foobar_entry> / Hosts / add assigned hosts: no probelm, though prefilled list
- printers / <foobar_printer> / Access control / add allowed&denied users: no problem, though prefilled list
- printers / <foobar_printer> / Access control / add allowed&denied groups: no problem, though prefilled list
UCS@School / School administration:
- room management / add computers: no problem, list is empty per default
- assign teachers to classes / add teacher: no problem, list is empty per default
- administrate workgroups / add members: no problem, list is empty per default
UCS@School / Education:
- distribute materials / add project / add members: no problem, empty list
- start exam / add assigned classes: no problem, though the list is prefilled
On a 4.0-1 system with umc-frontend 4.1.106-15.997.201502111938 I checked the following modules:
OK - System / Language settings: English either Albanian is selected anymore
OK - Users / Users / <any_user>: still works great - so I guess that all the other modules that worked in the first place will still work nicely
OK - yaml
OK - debian/changelog