Univention Bugzilla – Bug 41349
ucsschool-import: support change of school
Last modified: 2016-06-28 18:24:54 CEST
Support change of school.
A student or teacher can move from school A to school B. Three scenarios are possible:
* School A and B have the same source DB → User.source_uid. The user object and its data (incl uidNumber and sambaSID) should be retained. AFAIK this is supported by the lib with User.move() → Bug #40870
* School A and B have the same source DB → User.source_uid but the two schools manage their users data independently. Two scenarios are possible:
- The user is removed from school A prior to being added to B. If the account was deleted and not deactivated the data is lost and a new account will be created.
- The user is created by school B prior to being removed from A. If multiple-school-accounts are implemented, the user account will exist for a period of time on both schools.
* School A and B have different source DB. The account cannot be transferred. A new account will be created on school B.
> A student or teacher can move from school A to school B.
... or schooladmin or staff ...
AFAICS the move of users between schools is implemented entirely by the lib. If user.school or user.schools is changed and user.modify() run, then everything is done as expected, the import code is not involved.
Works as expected; added test for school change in 34_import-users_via_cli_v2
r70241 | Bug #41349: added test for school change in 34_import-users_via_cli_v2
UCS@school 4.1 R2 has been released:
If this error occurs again, please use "Clone This Bug".