Univention Bugzilla – Bug 52712
Other teachers with the same class also receive materials
Last modified: 2021-05-05 07:58:14 CEST
Our Customer criticizes the following misconduct:
You have multiple teachers assigned to different classes.
Let's say an English, German, Math and French teacher.
Now the English teacher distributes materials to his class.
However, in addition to the students, all other teachers teaching the same class are now assigned these materials.
How can this be reproduced?
- Create a demo-school-environment with multiple teachers, at least one student and one class.
- assign at least on student to the class
- assign at least two teachers to the class
- deploy material with one teacher
- ssh into the school-server with another teacher accounts and cd into teachers home-dir.
- see the deployed documents dir.
UCS-Version: 4.4-7 erratta 868
UCS@School-Version: 4.4 v8
1. This is not a mistake but intent. This way teacher(s) can see that the file distribution worked and how the result looks like for students.
2. Priority: This does in no way hinder usability of the product. Everyone can still do their work. This is merely a cosmetic issue.
(In reply to Daniel Tröder from comment #1)
> 1. This is not a mistake but intent. This way teacher(s) can see that the
> file distribution worked and how the result looks like for students.
That a teacher sees his/her own distribution I can understand. However, that a teacher of a class sees all distributions of all other teachers is not, is it?
Added to backlog https://taiga.knut.univention.de/project/oschwieg-ucs-5/us/5578
I have got a technical question regarding a solution:
The problem is that teachers who are also assigned to the class receive the exam materials.
Already during the assignment to the exam only cn=schueler,cn=users,ou=schoolOU,dc=myschool,dc=xy
should be entered. Is this not possible without UMC adjustment by appropriate dn check?
This is really an annoying bug. Other teacher do not need exam materials of every exam written by an applied class.
(In reply to Dirk Schnick from comment #5)
> I have got a technical question regarding a solution:
> The problem is that teachers who are also assigned to the class receive the
> exam materials.
> Already during the assignment to the exam only
> should be entered. Is this not possible without UMC adjustment by
> appropriate dn check?
We cannot filter my OU only. Students and teachers can be assigned to multiple schools and write exams in their "secondary" school(s).
Teachers are always in ...,cn=teacher,... students are always in ...,cn=student,... or? Throw away teachers?
As written maybe I'm wrong but from non developer view it seems to be so simple. ;-)
We do not want to decide a users role depending on its position in the LDAP tree anymore, and use objectClasses and ucsschool_roles for that now.
But ignoring that: yes the fix is simple: just remove all teachers, except the "sender", from the distribution target list.