Univention Bugzilla – Bug 37254
Adjust warning messages when updating a UCS system
Last modified: 2015-02-11 18:19:14 CET
Currently, the warning messages in the Online updater module can be misleading. In turn, this might let one conclude that something is broken and the system should be restarted (which is obviously not a very good idea).
* Apache might be down for a few minutes, if this happens, a popup is shown which suggests to login again after some time. Here it should rather be stated that a connection timeout is an expected behaviour during an update, the system must not be rebooted.
* The alert message before executing the update needs to be shortened and it needs to state that a longer connection timeout (i.e., web server or SSH) is possible and that the system must not rebooted.
* A link to the official release notes should be shown (currently it is the forum entry).
* The link to the release notes could also be shown along with the warning message (2nd point) on the progress page.
Created attachment 6520 [details]
Initial alert dialog with warnings.
Created attachment 6521 [details]
Alert dialog when connection timed out
Created attachment 6523 [details]
Updater progress view
YAML has been adjusted [r56674].
* Bug #37254: clarified hints before and during updates
Typo: "Die Aktualisierung wurd durchgeführt."
typo: "Hinweise zur Aktulisierungs"
Fixed the typos [r56880]. Package is building.
* Bug #37254: adjusted typos
Fix: OK, the messages now sound really nice!
Created attachment 6537 [details]
[new] Alert dialog when connection timed out
Created attachment 6538 [details]
[new] Initial alert dialog with warnings
Created attachment 6539 [details]
[new] Updater progress view