Bug 32389 - Merge license dialog + App center activation dialog
Merge license dialog + App center activation dialog
Status: CLOSED FIXED
Product: UCS
Classification: Unclassified
Component: UMC - App-Center
UCS 3.1
Other Linux
: P5 normal (vote)
: UCS 3.2
Assigned To: Florian Best
Erik Damrose
: interim-3
: 31991 (view as bug list)
Depends on: 30811
Blocks: 30629
  Show dependency treegraph
 
Reported: 2013-08-27 16:51 CEST by Alexander Kläser
Modified: 2013-11-19 06:43 CET (History)
2 users (show)

See Also:
What kind of report is it?: ---
What type of bug is this?: ---
Who will be affected by this bug?: ---
How will those affected feel about the bug?: ---
User Pain:
Enterprise Customer affected?:
School Customer affected?:
ISV affected?:
Waiting Support:
Ticket number:
Bug group (optional): Usability
Max CVSS v3 score:


Attachments

Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.
Description Alexander Kläser univentionstaff 2013-08-27 16:51:18 CEST
As the App center activiation will be shown in the UMC startup dialog (Bug 30811), it is necessary to be able to reach the activiation dialog (as other dialogs) via the UMC menu.

Similar to the detailed information about Piwik, it would be clearer to move detailed information about the App center into the UCS manual, as well.
Comment 1 Alexander Kläser univentionstaff 2013-08-27 16:51:49 CEST
*** Bug 31991 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
Comment 2 Dirk Wiesenthal univentionstaff 2013-09-13 12:09:13 CEST
Merged in
  univention-management-console-module-udm 4.0.17-1.339.201309131200
and
  univention-management-console-module-appcenter 3.0.31-1.189.201309131145

Button looks a bit odd because of its long label (which I took from the original dialog). Maybe someone has to go through all the text once again?
Comment 3 Alexander Kläser univentionstaff 2013-09-18 17:15:38 CEST
As discussed:
* The startup dialog in the App Center will be removed.
* The information in this dialog will be moved into the manual.
* For the activation dialog, the template file from the startup wizard (Bug 30811) can be reused.

And further points:
* It would be nice to move the long FFPU text in the license dialog into the manual, as well.
* Minor adaptations for the license upload buttons would be helpful. Currently, it is not quite possible to know which button belongs to which action.

→ These 2 points are do be discussed
Comment 4 Alexander Kläser univentionstaff 2013-09-18 17:22:02 CEST
One additional point, the activation dialog will be moved as separate menu entry into the settings menu.
Comment 5 Alexander Kläser univentionstaff 2013-09-18 18:10:48 CEST
(In reply to Alexander Kläser from comment #3)
> As discussed:
> * The startup dialog in the App Center will be removed.

The startup information will stay as it gives important information about the notification process of the vendors.

> * The information in this dialog will be moved into the manual.

This can be done nevertheless.

> * For the activation dialog, the template file from the startup wizard (Bug
> 30811) can be reused.
> 
> And further points:
> * It would be nice to move the long FFPU text in the license dialog into the
> manual, as well.

For now it might be better to move the text into a folded TitlePane directly beneath the license information, e.g.:

[>] Show more information about the Free for Personal Use license.

> * Minor adaptations for the license upload buttons would be helpful.
> Currently, it is not quite possible to know which button belongs to which
> action.
> 
> → These 2 points are do be discussed

Everything else is ok.
Comment 6 Dirk Wiesenthal univentionstaff 2013-09-20 12:21:35 CEST
Tagging interim-3, needs (working) startup dialog
Comment 7 Florian Best univentionstaff 2013-10-18 13:50:25 CEST
The arrangements of the buttons have been fixed.
The FFPU text is now displayed in a title pane.
The License import part have been split off into a second dialog accessable via a new menu entry.
AppCenter now uses topic.publish('/umc/license/activation') to open that dialog.
Title of activation dialog has also been fixed.
Comment 8 Dirk Wiesenthal univentionstaff 2013-10-18 16:27:54 CEST
German title: "Lizenz informationen"
Width of license information dialog is too big, makes it look odd.
License upload dialog always shows activation link. Not necessary when already activated.
Activation dialog opens license upload dialog even one is already opened (e.g. because one clicked on the link). So there are two dialogs after sending the e-mail).
Comment 9 Florian Best univentionstaff 2013-10-21 10:56:44 CEST
(In reply to Dirk Wiesenthal from comment #8)
> German title: "Lizenz informationen"
→  fixed "Lizenz-Informationen"

> Width of license information dialog is too big, makes it look odd.
→ width=450px now

> License upload dialog always shows activation link. Not necessary when
> already activated.
→ removed link

> Activation dialog opens license upload dialog even one is already opened
> (e.g. because one clicked on the link). So there are two dialogs after
> sending the e-mail).
→ can not occur anymore

univention-management-console-frontend (3.0.114-1)
univention-management-console-module-udm (4.0.54-1)
Comment 10 Florian Best univentionstaff 2013-10-22 09:49:51 CEST
If the FFPU text is expanded and the screen size is not high enough one can not scroll down.

The license is not reloaded immediately after importing one.
Comment 11 Alexander Kläser univentionstaff 2013-10-22 14:25:53 CEST
(In reply to Florian Best from comment #10)
> ...
> The license is not reloaded immediately after importing one.

This problem is already known (→ Bug 26435) and not scope of this bug.
Comment 12 Florian Best univentionstaff 2013-10-22 15:58:19 CEST
(In reply to Alexander Kläser from comment #11)
> (In reply to Florian Best from comment #10)
> > ...
> > The license is not reloaded immediately after importing one.
> 
> This problem is already known (→ Bug 26435) and not scope of this bug.

(In reply to Florian Best from comment #10)
> If the FFPU text is expanded and the screen size is not high enough one can
> not scroll down.
→ The dialogs now use umc.widgets.ConfirmDialog as base class which takes care of the size, positioning, and max-width.
Comment 13 Alexander Kläser univentionstaff 2013-10-23 11:52:02 CEST
Workflow:
(1) Dialog is opened and centered
(2) Data is loaded
(3) Dialog is updated with new data
→ a recentering is missing.
Comment 14 Alexander Kläser univentionstaff 2013-10-23 11:53:34 CEST
Another point, every dialogue has a thin line beneath the headline, except the dialogue for importing a new license.
Comment 15 Florian Best univentionstaff 2013-10-23 13:30:29 CEST
both fixed
Comment 16 Erik Damrose univentionstaff 2013-10-31 13:33:08 CET
> One additional point, the activation dialog will be moved as separate menu
> entry into the settings menu.
OK

In the License upload widget:
- The first button ("+ Upload") is in a 'Hover' when opening the dialog.
- Redesign: Use 'Upload license from file' followed by the button on the same line with the text 'Choose file...' (three dots are a general signal that an additional dialog will appear)
- 'License (as text)' can be renamed to 'Upload license as text'.
- The textfield could be expanded in width to the right border, which imho makes the dialog look more appealing.

-> REOPEN

> The arrangements of the buttons have been fixed.
OK

> The FFPU text is now displayed in a title pane.
OK

> The License import part have been split off into a second dialog accessable
> via a new menu entry.
OK

> AppCenter now uses topic.publish('/umc/license/activation') to open that
> dialog.
OK

> Title of activation dialog has also been fixed.
OK

> →  fixed "Lizenz-Informationen"
OK

> → width=450px now
OK

> → removed link
OK

> → can not occur anymore
OK

> → The dialogs now use umc.widgets.ConfirmDialog as base class which takes
> care of the size, positioning, and max-width.
If i have a browser window with a small height open, enter the license information dialog and expand the information about the ffpu license, the dialog is resized to its full size and can grow larger than the browser window without scrollbars getting added. If i resize the browser window it shrinks to a correct size.

-> REOPEN
Comment 17 Erik Damrose univentionstaff 2013-10-31 13:48:24 CET
After successfully uploading a license, the notification should tell the user that he has to log off and on to complete the import. If this has been implemented, a remark at Bug #26435 should be made to remove this information if Bug #26435 gets fixed.
Comment 18 Florian Best univentionstaff 2013-10-31 16:25:16 CET
(In reply to Erik Damrose from comment #16)
> In the License upload widget:
> - The first button ("+ Upload") is in a 'Hover' when opening the dialog.
> - Redesign: Use 'Upload license from file' followed by the button on the
> same line with the text 'Choose file...' (three dots are a general signal
> that an additional dialog will appear)
> - 'License (as text)' can be renamed to 'Upload license as text'.
> - The textfield could be expanded in width to the right border, which imho
> makes the dialog look more appealing.
I adapted the labels to be more descriptive.
The textarea has been resized.

> > → The dialogs now use umc.widgets.ConfirmDialog as base class which takes
> > care of the size, positioning, and max-width.
> If i have a browser window with a small height open, enter the license
> information dialog and expand the information about the ffpu license, the
> dialog is resized to its full size and can grow larger than the browser
> window without scrollbars getting added. If i resize the browser window it
> shrinks to a correct size.
Yes, this was a bug in umc.widgets.ConfirmDialog and has been fixed in univention-management-console-frontend (3.0.141-1). Titlepane inside of confirm dialogs are now rezised when hiding/showing a titlepane.

(In reply to Erik Damrose from comment #17)
> After successfully uploading a license, the notification should tell the
> user that he has to log off and on to complete the import. If this has been
> implemented, a remark at Bug #26435 should be made to remove this
> information if Bug #26435 gets fixed.
A confirmation to login again is now shown after successful import of a license.
Comment 19 Erik Damrose univentionstaff 2013-11-01 10:09:29 CET
(In reply to Florian Best from comment #18)
> I adapted the labels to be more descriptive.
> The textarea has been resized.

> Yes, this was a bug in umc.widgets.ConfirmDialog and has been fixed in
> univention-management-console-frontend (3.0.141-1). Titlepane inside of
> confirm dialogs are now rezised when hiding/showing a titlepane.

> A confirmation to login again is now shown after successful import of a
> license.
OK, looks very good!

We found an additional Bug that occurs when uploading a wrong license file (wrong dn): The traceback is not shown correctly -> REOPEN
Comment 20 Florian Best univentionstaff 2013-11-01 10:33:18 CET
(In reply to Erik Damrose from comment #19)
> We found an additional Bug that occurs when uploading a wrong license file
> (wrong dn): The traceback is not shown correctly -> REOPEN
fixed in umc.widgets.Uploader
Comment 21 Erik Damrose univentionstaff 2013-11-01 12:44:22 CET
OK -> Verified
Comment 22 Stefan Gohmann univentionstaff 2013-11-19 06:43:27 CET
UCS 3.2 has been released:
 http://docs.univention.de/release-notes-3.2-en.html
 http://docs.univention.de/release-notes-3.2-de.html

If this error occurs again, please use "Clone This Bug".